Re: [OM] Meanwhile in sunny and balmy Alaska

Subject: Re: [OM] Meanwhile in sunny and balmy Alaska
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:05:53 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     While in the Air Force I would occasionally fly planes to Goose Bay,
Labrador, where they would be quickly refueled and flown by another crew for
the next leg of the journey.  For those trips we would be issued Arctic
outerwear, usually a thick parka.  They were so thick (how...thick...were
they?) that to look both ways before crossing a street you had to turn your
whole body, otherwise you'd get a face full of rabbit fur.

>I'm quite entertained by the winter weather conditions in the
>lower-48. Here in Alaska, the weather is almost summery. Lovely. I've
>been wearing shorts and sandals all week. (Thankfully Walmart stocks
>fake tan products)
>
>However, a gentle reminder of what usually is... I was entering in a
>materials requisition for a fiber optics project and the first thing
>that pops up is "Arctic Gear."
>
>We do take survival very seriously.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson