Re: [OM] A tale of too many tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] A tale of too many tripods
From: Jan Steinman via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 19:50:02 -0700
Cc: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> From: usher99@xxxxxxx
>
> Casually on the look out for a Mama Bear 'pod that does the 180 deg trick for
> portability yet has a center column capable of cantilevering for macro

What ever happened to the Benbo?

I have two: the Trekker and the #1. They are both awesome in their ability for
infinite adjustability, although the Trekker is pretty lightweight for most
things.

Although they’ve been described as “wrestling with bagpipes,” I think most
people can get the hang of it fairly quickly.

I like that you can set it up, tighten the thing down, and pick up and move the
whole thing without the legs flopping around.

The Benbo #1 is my #1 studio tripod. But it is heavy, and I have a flyweight
carbon 4-section Gitzo for field work. You can easily reverse the centre column
on it.

Jan