Re: [OM] A tale of too many tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] A tale of too many tripods
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 17:01:25 -0700
On 4/23/2018 8:46 AM, Piers Hemy wrote:
If you prefer to minimise the number of locks to be set/reset, I wholeheartedly
recommend this baby:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/336188-REG/Manfrotto_458B_458B_NeoTec_Pro_Photo.html

No locks whatever!

Well, the legs lock, and there are button releases . . .

But I take your point. It's an attractive looking idea, but I'm so over aluminum legs. I don't like the way they feel and resonate, at least lighter ones. My 15# 475B predecessor doesn't resonate.

Magnesium spiders and CF legs for me. (May be a SF title in there.) I suppose
their lock design isn't suitable for CF?

Aside from the price (cough, cough), it's also a bit heavy for me. I did just pay $99 for a tripod that so far suits me quite well.

Light Moose