[OM] Damned Smart(ass) Phone

Subject: [OM] Damned Smart(ass) Phone
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 07:16:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     It's taken me four days to do it, but I finally have a full GPS display on
this damned smart(ass) phone.  I was not able to establish a USB connection
with any PC, but I can use Google by way of a wifi connection.  I managed to
find a site (www.apkhere.com) that would download gpstest directly instead of
switching over to Google Play.

     Google Play refuses to let me establish an account, so that option is not
available.  Fine.  This apkhere site appears to be similar to Duckduckgo, which
is a proxy for using Google search.

     This gpstest app establishes a lock very quickly, much better than my
Garmin 72.  The displays are similar, so there's no real learning curve.

     Now I need to find a decent GPS tracking app.  Any suggestions?

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson