Re: [OM] Damned Smart(ass) Phone

Subject: Re: [OM] Damned Smart(ass) Phone
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 13:53:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      I found that I already have an account, so it might not like me
>>establishing a second one.  Doesn't matter as I do not want to have
>>anything to do with Google.  This and the lack of USB may be due to
>>the phone not being activated.
>
>Not sure I understand the USB issue. Are you saying it doesn't have a
>USB port or is it not functioning? There are settings for that both in
>the phone and in your computer. I've had difficulty with some of my
>phones not wanting to connect to some computers. Generally speaking, I
>don't use USB connectivity unless I'm transferring massive files or
>doing backups.

     The online guides say to pull down the notification window and tap the USB
icon, but there's no icon.  If you go to SETTINGS and tap in INSTALL DRIVER
nothing happens.  The laptop(s) do not recognise the USB cable being plugged
in, and going to the CONTROL PANEL to look for a device ends up in no device
found.

>>      Speaking of which, internet service down here has really slowed
>>down.  Most of the time, even on wifi, I'm waiting for third party
>>sites to reply, and the bulk of them are googlefonts, googleadservices,
>>googleapis, googlethis, and googlethat.  They are certainly becoming a
>>monopoly, and they are slowing everything down.
>
>Don't blame just Google. Amazon is just as guilty.
>
>Arizona is an odd duck when it comes to the Internet. While it is
>along the major southern fiber route, it always gets the scrubs as it
>is effectively subtended off of LA and Dallas. Some providers have
>attempted additional connectivity to SJ and Denver, but for the most
>part, a single fiber cut can take out 2 of 4 legs. Phoenix is actually
>about the worst connected major city in the country. Seattle and
>Boston are worse, but that's another story.

     Gee, that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.  It certainly helps to explain
the various odd outages I experience down here.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson