Re: [OM] IMG: Hommage à Jacques Tati (2) MOOSE

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Hommage à Jacques Tati (2) MOOSE
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 13:39:03 -0700
On 5/7/2018 10:33 PM, Philippe wrote:
;-)

Good move Moose, do not wait too long.

Tati was canning modern life witnessed and / or anticipated from out of the box.

It is true that if you haven’t seen the films, his talent as a careful observer
may not ring a bell.

I've seen all but Parade, but Trafic only once, looong ago. I saw it in a little art house cinema, then it disappeared. Probably some IP licensing thing, but it was unavailable here for many years.

Now, of course, pretty much anything is available on the web, one way or another. We'll be watching Playtime and Trafic soon, as Carol has not seen them, then perhaps circle back to start with Jour de Fȇte.

I do like his acute vision of humanity and believe that each stills of his
films is a photograph by itself.
http://www.yellowkorner.com/fr-fr/artistes/jacques-tati-339.html
<http://www.yellowkorner.com/fr-fr/artistes/jacques-tati-339.html>

Yep, terrific "eye", and some good examples at the link.

M. Moose