[OM] Canon EF --> Micro 4/3rds Recommendations?

Subject: [OM] Canon EF --> Micro 4/3rds Recommendations?
From: Jan Steinman via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 21:04:50 -0700
Cc: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
In a fit of insanity, I just won a Sigma 4.5mm f2.8 circular fisheye in a Canon
EF mount. It supposedly shows a full circle on Micro 4/3rds, despite not being
available in that mount. (APS-C folk grouse that it leaves extra room around
the top and bottom.)

Thinking that adapting it should be simple and fairly inexpensive, I discovered
a bewildering array of adapters. There are, of course, ones with no electrical
contacts at the low end, and Metabones at the high end. But in-between are ones
that say it will take 30 seconds to take a picture after pressing the shutter
(!) and ones that claim to only control the aperture, among others.

Is anyone using this combo? If so, what are you using to adapt? Are you happy
with the adaptation? Any problems? How much did it cost, and where did you get
it?

Can I get autofocus and diaphragm control with just about anything that has
electrical contacts, or is there varying amounts of “magic” that takes place in
there, unlike the relatively simple 4/3rds —> m4/3rds I’ve worked with?

Thanks for any help offered!

Jan