Re: [OM] Canon EF --> Micro 4/3rds Recommendations?

Subject: Re: [OM] Canon EF --> Micro 4/3rds Recommendations?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 09:57:12 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> On 5/16/2018 9:13 AM, Jan Steinman via olympus wrote:
>>> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>>> 1. Resell
>>> 2. Buy Panny 8/4 Fishy
>>> 3. Eschew circular
>>> 4. Enjoy easy, straightforward use, AF, auto aperture, EXIF.
>>> 5. Spend time taking pictures, not futzing
>>> 6. Buy Imadio FisheyeHemi Plug-in
>>> 7. Fabulous, one shot panoramas.
>>> <https://photos.app.goo.gl/fQ9fSxideDAAv13T2>
>> Thanks. I think.
>>
>> Do I get to tell you what *you* really want, now? :-)
>
> But of course!

Somehow, I knew you’d take the bait... :-)

> if it involves machine shop tools, epoxy or questionable electronic
> connections, I can assure
> you it's not what I *really* want.

Fair 'nuff.

1. Visit the county dump three times a week for six months, hunting for the
perfect glass. Finally, they tear down the "haunted house" on First and Elm,
and you score a trunkload of antique, hand-flowed wavy glass, pocked with
bubbles and blobs.

2) Cut up the glass into random sizes and shapes. DO NOT use rectangles or
squares!

3: Mix up some colloidal silver and silver nitrate, and soak the glass for
several minutes in the dark.

4] Find a TV-sized cardboard box, and poke a hole in one end that your 25mm
f1.4 TV lens will fit snugly into. Use lots of painters' tape to make it stay.
Be sure to keep the lens cap on. (No epoxy or machine work needed!)

5- Take the box in the darkroom and tape a bit of your treated glass on the
other end of the box.

6* Go outside, find a nice scene, discover that your light meter won't go as
low as ASA 5, and take the lens cap off for several minutes. Maybe. You forgot
your watch and you can't figure out the timer on your iPhone. Develop in
Daktol. Lather, rinse, repeat.

7: Get frustrated, and take everything back to the dump. The artistry is in the
process, not the results. Keep futzing.

8} In your frustration, go inside and turn on the TV. Antique Road Show is on.
Watch some guy who found a bunch of wet-plate photos in the dump, who is now
exhibiting them in some SoHo gallery, selling them for five figures each.

Now, THAT is art imitating life!

Seriously, though: I *do* get as much fun out of futzing as I do with
"results." It isn't that I don't finish things; it's that I'm still working on
them... :-)

Jan