[OM] Nathan's PAD 20/5/2018: two very different scenes from yesterday's

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 20/5/2018: two very different scenes from yesterday's bike ride
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 18:33:32 +0200
I live about 5 km north of the centre of Alicante, so when I want to cycle
south to the towns of Elche and Santa Pola, my route takes me through the very
heart of the city. Yesterday was one of those days—I had done a tough ride in
the mountains on Saturday, so yesterday I wanted to “rest” a bit with a
substantial enough ride, 74 km, but in largely flat terrain.

In the centre of Alicante I found the main thoroughfare blocked for a half
marathon. Of course, I stopped to photograph some of the runners. This is one
of my favourite images, since all three runners in the frame are suffering to a
greater or lesser degree:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-WTNBRCB/A

After 42 km, I took my only break of the ride, in the fishing harbour of Santa
Pola. I just sat on a bench for a few minutes, drinking my Coke and eating a
banana (standard cyclist snack), and watching the human traffic. This trio
attracted my attention. People say that dogs and their humans resemble each
other; well, sometimes they do, but not in this case:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-MxCJgkv/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman