Re: [OM] IMG: Swingin' at Sundown

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Swingin' at Sundown
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 14:54:20 -0700
On 5/25/2018 10:28 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
I've heard the last hour before darkness referred to as the Magic Hour, where unwanted details fade away and the colors prevail.  I saw that last night, and the old Soviet Zeiss Sonnar copy caught it all.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180524-DSCF7808-2.JPG.html

You are getting good results with it. I'm more impressed with your ability to
focus it on action than the lens itself.

There are gillions of lenses, new and old, capable of that sort of image quality at the sizes you display, although fewer that fit your fence criteria. I have an Industar 50-2 that's tiny and would fit the fence. and a Zeiss Tessar T 50/2.8 that should fit. (I don't have a fence sample at hand.)

But I'd be using an AF lens. There are a couple of primes and at least one zoom for
µ4/3 that should work with the fence.

Oh yeah, my fav. so far is the damaged fence. :-)

Lazy Focus Moose