Re: [OM] IMG: Swingin' at Sundown

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Swingin' at Sundown
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 18:16:13 -0500
Thanks for the kind words, Moose.  I've done a lot of experimenting, and, for me, a MF lens and zone focusing are the way to go.  I have even resorted to using short strips of tape to keep my settings from moving as I deal with the chain link contact.  My Fuji 35/2.0, used with manual focus, works pretty well, but the lens shade just barely gets through the fence openings.  This little Soviet copy of the Zeiss Sonnar 50/2.0 makes for tight shots, but deals with the fence quite well.  From experience, I learned that a focus distance of 6 meters will work, with apertures from f/5.6 in brighter light to f/2.8 in late evening darkness, with ISO set to Auto.

I recently installed the latest camera firmware, and frequently use the low speed Burst shooting mode.  In last night's images, the ISO seemed to vary a lot from frame to frame.  I need to look into that, to be sure I'm not in some kind of bracket mode.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA