Re: [OM] Been a while

Subject: Re: [OM] Been a while
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 15:54:40 -0700
Wow, Thanks everyone. So much good stuff to digest. I really appreciate all the
comments and have read them all multiple times.

I did divested myself of most all OM lenses (except for a 50mm) and cameras.
And now I am getting rid of a Canon system, partly to fund a change. No regrets
on getting rid of Canon. So I have nothing retro to be compatible with. So the
lens options are wide open.

One of the reasons for considering the Sony is low light. I also have the Sony
alpha 6000, which has served me well. However, my kit lacks anything over the
stock 16-50mm lens.

The OM-D looks very attractive. I remember my disappointment with the E-1
camera and 4/3rds sensor, especially when I switched to a 5D. I struggled with
low light situations and noisey images.

As for macro, I am really looking at decent close focus. A good telephoto with
close range will probably be a better route for me than dedicated macro lens. I
always struggled in the past with working distance. The Sony 100-400 on Ken
Rockwells site looks interesting in that regard, but have not looked at
alternatives.

I do think my most creative photographic period was with the OM system, until
film and scanning lost out to digital cameras. Reviewing old photos, the ones
with people have become much more important. And yes, I have succumbed to
camera autoing. But time to re-educate.

Here is Eliza early in our relationship and then later at daughters graduation.
First one taken with OM-4ti in Rockport MA in 1999, second is in Boulder CO,
2017.

https://tinyurl.com/ydghegh6

Zuikofest, Alaska, ... I'm working on the cat sitter situation.

Wayne