Re: [OM] Been a while

Subject: Re: [OM] Been a while
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 06:35:24 -0700
At 5/27/2018 11:47 AM, Jan wrote:
>I've been dealing with a different situation: aging parents. My 87-year-old
>Mom is demented, and neither she nor my 89-year-old Dad could care for her,
>and neither would admit it.

My wife's mother died several years ago, and was a major ordeal for her. It can
be very exhausting, especially when other family member are not helpful. There
were some meds that really helped with her attitude/dementia. My dad died at
95, and mother at 97. Fortunately power of attorney was in place, and trusts.
It can also be difficult depending on the attitude of other family members.
Dementia can be very difficult to work with.

My brother died at age 63 from a rare cancer. As one of the founders of Garmin,
there was considerable money spread to all family members. Glad my family was
not like some, mostly caring and considerate. Still, death can bring out
strange behavior in family members.

Wayne