Re: [OM] Been a while

Subject: Re: [OM] Been a while
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 06:23:45 -0700
At 5/27/2018 10:22 PM, Moose wrote:

>Life continues, new things arise. I'm blissfully remarried and Carol and I
>have been together longer than my late wife and I had been.

Eliza was my second wife, getting together when I was around 44. At 65, I'm not
sure I can be broken in again. Hard to imagine at this time.

>2. If native, AF lenses is your primary desire, I highly recommend an E-M5 II
>or E-M1 II. The '5' is cheap; even though its replacement hasn't been
>announced, Oly is clearly moving the price point down. I have a pair of these
>for my 'regular' photography and find them exceptional cameras. They allow me
>to take photographs I couldn't even dream might be possible in film days.
>
>This choice has a significant effect on size/weight. While the A7 III is
>smaller than the 5D, it's still quite a bit larger and heavier than the E-M5
>II. <http://j.mp/2ISl1I8>

Probably this option is worth considering. I do have the Sony alpha 6000 for
small size. How is the eye relief on the E-M5's. With the Sony I have to push
aside my glasses and really push it into my eye. The diopter adjustment on the
alpha is a bit crude.

Looking forward to reviewing past list technical stuff. I have lost track of
Adobe and all the twiddling possible.

>After a lot of experimentation, I'm also using achromatic Close-Up lenses on
>various lenses, esp. the PLeica 100-400, for moderate macro with great working
>distance.

This sounds like an approach you have talked about in the past, and working
distance is of prime concern. Most critters don't like lenses pointing up their
noises. My recent shot of a rattle snake, in strike pose, ... what can I say,
yes to working distance.

Thanks
Wayne