Re: [OM] Hair shirt? Nah...

Subject: Re: [OM] Hair shirt? Nah...
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 16:29:15 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> As MikeL and I have suggested, consider the possibility of a slower zoom...
> The Oly 14-150 on the GM5 is a surrogate for
> the Panny 14-140...

On a whim, I got a Oly 14-150 for a great price, thinking I'd only use it for
family events and such. But that sucker is so small and light -- and has very
reasonable image quality -- that I find myself using it more and more. It
rarely leaves the bag.

I guess I might feel differently if I had a fast lens with that zoom range, but
there ain't one! I'd have to carry TWO big, heavy, fast zooms to cover that
range!

It is also weather sealed (unlike, I think, the Panny 14-140), and "Movie-Still
Compatible," Olympus's moniker for lenses that focus super fast and super quiet.

If I limit myself to two lenses, it's the 14-150 plus the 7-14.

Jan