Re: [OM] Two and a Half Hours

Subject: Re: [OM] Two and a Half Hours
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 23:15:28 -0800
> Fascinating clouds in there, they’ve got a life and death of their own. Love
> it!

Yes they do. When I started the timelapse, the rain had just stopped a
few minutes earlier. I was planning on going for a hike to get some
pictures, but figured that the conditions were to unpredictable to
warrant the effort. As you can see, the conditions changed a few dozen
times through.

> OTT did you kick into the tripod ;-) or have to change the battery?

No. There was a good breeze that was shaking the camera. And the
battery life is quite outstanding. I'm guessing that I can do over
3000 pictures at 5 second intervals with the monitor on. But I do have
the battery grip, which I can put two batteries in at one time, so I
could go seriously nuts if I wanted to.

It does put wear and tear on the shutter, but it's already hundreds of
thousands of shutter actuations past the expected lifespan. This 6D
has spent most of its life doing timelapse and astro photography.
There is a way, with Magic Lantern, to bypass the mechanical shutter.
I haven't gotten that to work yet.

AG