Re: [OM] Alternate Scenery [was Hair shirt? Nah...]

Subject: Re: [OM] Alternate Scenery [was Hair shirt? Nah...]
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 16:40:14 -0500
Congratulations on your bird images, Moose, both of them.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 6/4/2018 4:34 PM, Moose wrote:
On 5/28/2018 10:55 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
I don't consider B&W a "hairshirt". We are always limited by the kit anyway. Forces one to see the world in a specific way. But I prefer to shoot in RAW+jpg so I can convert to B&W if I see it in an image. Post can take care of all the farting around with filters except maybe a pol but contrast is so much improved in modern glass that I rarely see a need for a pol. Use a hood.

And I see plenty of color in E-WA. e.g.

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20WA/June11/GrandCoulee0677-80b.jpg>
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20WA/Palouse1DRI.jpg>

Ah yes. Carol still hasn't forgiven me for the Palouse. She claims I stopped every 50 ft. to take more pictures. We we late for such lovely, pure green, though.

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20WA/Apr17/PalouseFalls_30258.JPG>

Wonderful Falls, the more so for being in such arid landscape. Yet more images I've not sorted and processed yet, sigh.

Did you stop at Lyon's Ferry State Park? Some quite different, but still pleasing, scenery there, too. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=22850>

And for those who like other kinds of birds . . . <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=22848>

Bird Watcher Moose