Re: [OM] Bagpipes [was A tale of too many tripods]

Subject: Re: [OM] Bagpipes [was A tale of too many tripods]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 10:06:05 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Jan's concern about it being no sturdier for studio work than his Benbo
> Trekker is not mine.

You complained about the lightweight aluminum vibrating, and having to wait for
vibrations to settle down.

That's my experience with the Benbo Trekker, which appears to be identical to
your Uni-Loc as pictured.

The Benbo #1 has 1" tubes, and none of that vibration, but I wouldn't want to
carry it very far!

I'm not saying you CAN'T do studio work with the Uni-Loc, or than you're a bad
ungulate for trying to do so. But based on your complaints and your photo of
it, I have to stand by my statement that it's essentially a re-branded Trekker.

It's a fine tripod for what it does! I think I paid $156 plus shipping for it
new, some 30 years ago! But I did jump at the chance to get a used #1 for about
the same price. My Trekker is now my "loaner" tripod for visiting photographers.

Jan