Re: [OM] Bagpipes [was A tale of too many tripods]

Subject: Re: [OM] Bagpipes [was A tale of too many tripods]
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 18:42:11 +0100
You want to know the history?

The founders of Benbo sold out to a big distributor, who proceeded to thin
the range, move production from UK to China, and cheapen the product. And go
into bankruptcy. The founders set up a new company in 1991 to refine the
original Benbo design in light of user experience, and recommenced
production in UK. That company appears to be Indian owned, according to
http://www.photoscala.de/2008/10/17/uni-loc-stative-in-zweiter-generation-ak
tualisiert/ (in German)

If you want the "real thing", get a Uni-Loc. Some friends swear by them.
Others swear at them :)

http://www.uniloctripod.com/UNI-LOC%20History.html - and note the 20th
century website design!

Piers