Re: [OM] Any such gizmo for OM shift lenses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Any such gizmo for OM shift lenses?
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 22:38:48 +1000
See comments interspersed below:

I have one of those, I don't think the quality could be any better than the
one you have !  In particular the rack & pinion mechanism used for sliding
is pretty rough, you also need  to clamp each rail (with the thumb screw) to
make it rigid.  I guess you can't expect great quality for $25 !

> Which makes me think, what about a regular focusing rail, mounted
> sideways? The Oly rail is solid, precise, smooth, lash free, etc.

Yep, that would be a big step up in quality.

...Wayne