Re: [OM] OT – Flood Fail

Subject: Re: [OM] OT – Flood Fail
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 16:36:26 -0800
> So I feel a little daft, but I’ve managed to find myself a replacement, a BMW
> X3 that’s just over 2 years old and not a stupid amount of money.

I'm on my third X5. Absolutely love them--except they're pretty
marginal in off-roading and getting around when you need all four
wheels digging away. This 2012 is almost marginal in that regard. I
got myself stuck once or twice this winter. But my tires are great for
dry pavement adhesion, not unending snow and ice. I'll be getting some
new snow tires before winter.

Our new neighbors have a LR "Storm Trooper". Nice vehicle, but
definitely not the same. While BMW and LR share many things,
driving/handling traits aren't among them. I like being able to throw
it into corners and take the twisties at higher than what could be
considered "sane" speeds. Honestly, though, our 2004 X5 with the V8
ran circles around our 2012 in speed, acceleration and handling. The
shorter wheelbase of the 2004 made it handle a bit nicer.

AG Schnozz