Re: [OM] The Miracle of Modern Lightroom

Subject: Re: [OM] The Miracle of Modern Lightroom
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 21:27:16 -0800
Dark Horse-meat Moose wrote:
> Nice image and processing!

Thank you. The scenes here almost photograph themselves.

> Depending on what one wants to do, PS has added over recent years tools that
> are leading edge.

Features, yes. Workflow, no.

>> HOWEVER, there are times when I'll prototype
>> everything in Lightroom and then do the actual work in Photoshop.
>
> I don't understand that process, I go directly to the master tool.

With Lightroom, I can take a look at a selection of photographs, do
some quick whipping of the sliders to see if anything interesting
happens, and then go from there. The Bridge-Photoshop workflow assumes
that you have an idea of what you want to do with an image before you
start. I'm not that good. I like to bend the levers to see what
screams in delight.

> Virtually every image I process uses layers and masks.

I'd be slicing my wrists...

> So if you can't use it and don't know how it has changed as LR has changed,
> denigrate it??

Nah. Not at all. Photoshop is chuck full of awesomeness for you
stuck-in-2000-guys. ;)

AG (E1-forever) Schnozz