Re: [OM] OT ? Flood Fail

Subject: Re: [OM] OT ? Flood Fail
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:48:52 -0800
> I searched five years for a nice, used, "stripped," Dodge Cummins 4x4 pickup.

They're all here in Alaska. Stolen, stripped and then rebuilt a few times over.

> It seems they figured out that anyone silly enough to spend an extra $4,000
> on an engine upgrade will also buy silly things like power lumbar support,
> power windows, power door locks, etc. That's just more stuff to break! It was
> amazingly difficult to find a diesel with crank windows and mechanical door
> locks!

Every crank window regulator I've had failed. Every mechanical door
lock froze. And with my back issues, I'll take that power lumbar
support. These aren't luxuries, they're practical items tend to last
longer than the stupidity we call transmissions that fail in nearly
every car long before the lumbar gives up the ghost.

I'm just wondering why BMW didn't bother to put a turn signal in the
vehicles. I can't find it anywhere.

AG Schnozz