[OM] Nathan's PAD 21/6/2018: four from Warsaw

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/6/2018: four from Warsaw
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 09:12:36 +0200
I spent most of the day inside a conference room at a magnificant hotel in
Warsaw’s Old Town, a former  palace, where the Polish Patent Office had
arranged a conference as part of its celebrations of the 100th anniversary of
the office. In general, there are many events of all types going on in Poland
this year, as it marks the centennary of its independence following World War
I, following 123 years during which Poland did not exist, having been divided
between Russia, Austria-Hungary and Germany. Four images follow.

The conference room is being readied:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-SJQwq7H/A

One of the panels during the conference; the guy with the headphones is a
professor from San Diego who is listening to simultaneous translation (the
conference was held in Polish):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-dbFQPfg/A

After the conference, we were offered a drink and a light early dinner in the
basement:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8fnq6TM/A

On the way back to my hotel, a walk of about 1.5 km, I passed the Tomb of the
Unknown Soldier and happened upon the hourly changing of the guard. Note the
faces of the two soldiers who have just been relieved—they are clearly pleased
about not having to stand still for another hour:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-gPpfsDB/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman