Re: [OM] Bear Spray is not a fashion statement

Subject: Re: [OM] Bear Spray is not a fashion statement
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:28:59 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Sounds like a wonderful place.  I would love to live in isolation such as
that, but I would like to be along the coast, perhaps on a small island.

     BTW:  I watched the movie "Higher Ground" today, which stars John Denver
as a bush pilot in Alaska.  Nice story and photography, plus four airplanes
(Citabria, Cessna 172, Dehaviland Beaver and Otter) on pontoons.

>It really is a BIG wilderness. In the Lower-48, when you have a
>national park, it's surrounded by people, farms, cities, etc. Up here,
>the national parks are surrounded by even more wilderness. Consider
>that the approximately 700,000 people in Alaska are concentrated in
>the Greater Anchorage and Fairbanks metros, that you get some
>perspective. BIG towns have a hundred people living in them and it
>might be 200 miles to the next one. If Eagle River was a stand-alone
>city, it would be something like the third largest city in Alaska.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson