Re: [OM] LR/ACR Profiles [was Solstice Evening]

Subject: Re: [OM] LR/ACR Profiles [was Solstice Evening]
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 14:57:39 -0500
On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 4:27 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You are both right. :-)
>
> Just working on an iPhone photo of Carol and her good friend. Technically,
> it's crap, clean up-able to semi crap (at least shot in Raw). But on a
> phone screen or in the 4x5" prints I'll make, it's priceless. Outfits,
> pose, smiles and memories of where they were going and the fun they had
> outweigh the tech shortcomings.
>
> Had I run for a real camera, the mood/energy would have changed.
>
> Range D'Opinion Moose

I go by the "The best camera in the world is the one you have with you"
theory. I can't carry the E-M5 around all the time. I **do** carry the
iPhone 7s around all the time, so when a photo op suddenly appears, I can
grab it. If you're creative and smart, you can get remarkably good images
from an iPhone.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline

"The Fountain of Youth is a state of mind" -- The Ides of March, "Age
Before Beauty"