Re: [OM] VIDEO: Hover Bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] VIDEO: Hover Bikes
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 13:54:58 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     They do now, but now that a workable design is in hand there's no telling
what they will evolve into.  Batteries and motors will become lighter.  Strong,
lighter materials will be applied.  Incompetent project managers will be the
greatest obstacle.

     It took about 60 years for us to go from the Sperry Autogyro to the V-22
(and John Cameron's assault transports), with all sorts of ridiculous efforts
inbetween, such as the Vought XF5U "Flying Flapjack".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vought_XF5U

>But then their batteries die after 20 minutes.
>

>>      Yes, you're right: I meant to say Cameron, not Carpenter.
>>

>> >Think I saw a few of those in "The Incredibles". BTW, it was James
>> Cameron.
>> >

>>      We've gone from mounted cavalry, which could go almost anywhere, to
>> mechanised infantry, which is somewhat limited.  Motorcycles also have
>> travel limitations, even for Steve McQueen.  Now imagine a Special Forces
>> squad with these things, which can go a couple thousand feet above ground.
>> Their only limitation would be in finding a small open area to land, and
>> they can travel at a good speed without obstructions.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson