Re: [OM] OT: British Food

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: British Food
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 13:20:04 -0800
> Wise to be a vegatarian. Taco Bell uses substandard meat.

I always get a kick out of all the various stories of how [insert name
of fast-food restaurant] uses fake or waste meat.McDonald's McNuggets,
for example, contain beaks, feet and chicken anuses. McDonald's uses
old milk cows for the hamburger. Yada yada. Or how they add poison to
the french fries...

Frankly, it doesn't pass the smell test (figuratively or literally).

Another thing that I get a kick out of is how ingredient lists
mislead. A Burger King hamburger patty contains both Heterocyclic
amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). EVIL
STUFF!!!! My grilled hamburger at home, made from the best meats
straight from my neighborhood butcher is free from those nasty things.

Right?

Uh huh. Sure. The only difference is that the restaurant has to
disclose those naturally forming chemicals. Your BBQ grill does not.

AG Schnozz