Re: [OM] VIDEO: Hover Bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] VIDEO: Hover Bikes
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 14:22:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     It doesn't stop there.  We currently have the "Active Denial System",
which is essentially a vehicle-mounted microwave heat gun:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System

     It uses a much higher frequency (94GHz) than a microwave oven (2.4GHz), so
that there is little penetration and just the skin gets heated by way of
dielectric heating.

     During the Viet Nam war, radar operators on coastal picket ships would
entertain themselves by using the ship's radar to cook seagulls in flight.

>Pain and maim and good motivators.
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_bayonets_for_crowd_control
>
>At the end of WW2, it was expected that there might be an issue with
>riots in Germany. The Allies had planned for this and there were
>specific units that were trained and held in reserve for this purpose.
>My father was in one of those and was stationed in NYC for quick
>deployment. They could clear a street pretty quickly without
>difficulty. The major change from the '40s to now is that the lead
>solders now use batons. Culturally, the concept of bayonets have
>certainly fallen out of favor which has resulted in a huge increase in
>violence and stand-off situations with extensive collateral damage.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson