Re: [OM] IMG: Personalized Beech Baron

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Personalized Beech Baron
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 21:24:58 -0800
Moose of the Converters wrote:
> "All of the Adobe Raw profiles, from Adobe Standard to the six new profiles,
> were created with the intention of providing a unified look and feel,
> regardless of which camera was used. This can be incredibly helpful when
> upgrading from one camera to another (you won’t have to spend a ton of time
> figuring out how make your new photos match your personal style) or if
> you’re using multiple cameras for the same shoot, you won’t have to worry
> about some photos looking totally different from the others."

I suspected that was the case. For the Canon 6D files, the new Adobe
profiles are so radically different (and better) that I knew something
was up. But the legacy cameras, such as the E-1, E-3 and L1 were given
some form of "lick and a promise" and that's about it. Everything
about the processing for those three cameras is better, but as far as
color matching? HAH!!!

So, why use Lightroom for the E-1 files? The color isn't as good, but
everything else is certainly improved. It's like putting a brand new
LS9 crate motor in that old hot rod that you are rebuilding.

AG Schnozz