Re: [OM] Damn, I'm excited!

Subject: Re: [OM] Damn, I'm excited!
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2018 14:12:53 -0700
I unloaded a bunch of Canon gear and have just recently received the A7III and
the 24-105 lens. Both were on backorder but with pre-ordering they arrived last
week. I have not had time yet to really engage with this camera. I have a lot
to learn. Especially if I start doing video. I wish they would continue to give
you the separate battery charger.

I also purchased the new 18-135 for my A6000. The original stock lens, 16-50,
although compact and sharp, did not have the range I often wanted. With the
18-135 on the alpha, it now feels like a real camera and probably will get
taken out on short notice more often than the big brother.

The 24-105 lens is quite heavy. I do like the close focus and the A7III auto
focus works really well. The 18-135 on the A6000 will often start hunting with
close focus. My standard outfit used to be OM4-Ti with 35-105, and about half
the weight.

As to$11K, I think Sony is coming around to realizing where the money is in
photography - lenses. Especially for photog addicts.

WayneS