Re: [OM] IMGS: Iran

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Iran
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:57:46 -0400
Actually, the people of Iran are very USA friendly.  Two years ago when we
said we were from the USA, crowds gathered who all wanted to tell us how
much they loved the people of the USA.

We lived in Iran for two years when the Shah was in charge.  Americans were
admired and welcomed.  We brought business and industry and they were glad
to have us.  We left Iran when the Shah did and did not return for two
years.  They then asked Tom to come back and run the aluminum plant.  We
were in Venezuela at the time but we went back to Iran to see how things
had changed.  As it turned out, they had changed drastically.  Before, I
had worn a chador out of choice to avoid unwanted attention.  Now, a chador
was required and I still got spit on and pinched in the streets.  The
people were repeating what the mullahs told them - Death to America.  We
left and did not go back until two years ago.  Now they are still saying,
"Death to America" in the mosques but the people are back to welcoming
Americans and telling us that the problem was between governments, not
people.

Iran is now a very USA friendly country.  Just ask the people, not the
government.

Tina

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 7:37 PM, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Iran in 1975 must have been a far more USA friendly country that it is in
> 2018 !
>
> jh
>
> On 2018-07-10 3:23 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
>
>> PESO:
>>
>> Now that the grandkids have all gone home and the garden is under control
>> for a few days, I've gone back to scanning film from 43 years ago:
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/167785592
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/167789720
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/167789722
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/167789954 - the kid would be about
>> 50
>> years old today!!!
>>
>> All Kodachrome 64 with the M3.  I think I only had 35 and 50 Summilux
>> lenses back then.
>>
>> C&C greatly appreciated.  I will be adding more as I process  them
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Tina
>>

> --

Tina Manley