Re: [OM] OT: Alaskan Aitplane Crash

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Alaskan Aitplane Crash
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:40:56 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Which reminds me:  The pontoons are nowhere to be found in the photo.

     Some time last year there was a story about a fellow who placed a bunch of
salmon in the back of his fabric-covered plane.  He came back hours later and
found that a bear had ripped off most of the fuselage fabric.  He repaired it
with duct tsap and flew it away.  It actually appears in the FAA records.

https://marylouise22.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/airplane005.jpg

http://www.hilavitkutin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/lentokone_karhun_tuhoama-510x382.jpg

http://vrf.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/1-Duct-Tape-.jpg

https://www.cnet.com/news/duct-tape-use-4526-repair-plane-after-bear-destroys-it/

https://www.neatorama.com/2010/01/16/bear-tore-into-your-airplane-duct-tape-to-the-rescue/

http://www.industrytap.com/man-flies-plane-repaired-duct-tape-bear-attack-anything-duct-tape-cant-fix/17965

>>      I seriously doubt it.  The wreckage appears to be salvageable
>>for parts, but nothing more than that.
>
>Tape and a new prop. They could just about fly it off the rocks if
>they slapped a couple of wheels under it.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson