Re: [OM] OT: Alaskan Aitplane Crash

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Alaskan Aitplane Crash
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 01:25:21 -0400 (EDT)
I carefully examined the photo we have all seen. The wings are toast. Ir
appears the fuselage may be bent. Bombardier sold most all of the DeHaviland
stuff to someone else, including type certificates. The new owner seems to have
no plans to build new examples, but they do supply a lot of parts. I'm sure
there are lot of folks that would prefer they start up a line again for the
fire bombers.

But I'll bet a wing spars isn't one of the spares.