Re: [OM] Field of Dreams - Model 35

Subject: Re: [OM] Field of Dreams - Model 35
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 06:55:18 -0500
Well, you sure picked a fine pair for your nostalgic images.  The C-45G seems to be a one-of-a-kind conversion and the early photos I found on line are very impressive.  But, as with the DC-3 at our local airport, round engines can be very expensive.

The Model 35 Bonanza is the only one I ever flew in, and I was allowed to handle the controls all the way from Tina's Rock Hill, S.C. to Tullahoma.  It brought me home after I  flew a Piper PA-12 to Rock Hill for a radio installation, a mighty Narco Superhomer.

That early morning solo flight to Rock Hill, into the rising sun, was one of the most pleasant flights I ever made.

Thanks for the memories.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA