[OM] OT: Internet Service

Subject: [OM] OT: Internet Service
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 08:41:35 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've been using Earthlink dialup service for about a decade, and it
appears that the relationship is quickly coming to an end.  Since the end of
last year the overall quality has significantly deteriorated.  It is just
barely possible to maintain a connection for more than five minutes, and when
their end hangs up you spend as much as five minutes playing dialup roulette
with their nine numbers to get a new connection.

     So, the hunt is on for a new dialup ISP.  To my surprise, there are a few
outfits that provide nothing but diauup service for the US and Canada, and for
less than half of what Earthlink costs.  One of them has the interesting name
of Copper.net.  They are a US company with US based tech support, and they have
five times as many dialup numbers as Earthlink.

     I'll look into this more when I have a wifi connection.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson