[OM] IMG: Finally! Some Butterflies

Subject: [OM] IMG: Finally! Some Butterflies
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 14:53:34 -0500
Now, three weeks into July, the real butterflies show up.  First, was an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180720-DSCF8390.JPG.html

At the same time, what I think to be a Black Swallowtail, appeared.  From reference photos, it could be a Spicebush.  Hard, for me, to distinguish.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180720-DSCF8396.JPG.html

When these showed up unexpectedly, I unscrewed the close-up lens I was using and shot with the 55mm f/1.8 Takumar, then cropped.

I added the close-up lens once more, and this battered Common Buckeye appeared.  From his appearance, he must have played in the days of Woody Hayes at Ohio State.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180720-DSCF8449.JPG.html

All of these were shot using my monopod for support.  That was much better than simply hand-held.

Moose, you've showed me another option!

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA