Re: [OM] [Leica] IMG: Kennedy in Berlin 1961

Subject: Re: [OM] [Leica] IMG: Kennedy in Berlin 1961
From: Michael Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 21:44:17 +0200
Cc: Michael Gordon <usher99@xxxxxxx>
Thanks for sharing.  Well presented too.

 I was a very little tyke and remember seeing JFK at the Niagara Falls
international airport.  There was a small air force base there and it could
handle jets  that could not land in Buffalo with its shorter
runways.  I was watching on my dad's shoulders.  ( if you look very closely at
the image, we might be there  ;-) One can see a cam or two in the image, but
Ican't speculate on the specifics.

 I recall the Boston accent, being a bit bored and hot, not being able to hear
that well and could understand very little.  I have never seen so many people
at  that little airport.

Mike

https://www.jfklibrary.org/Asset-Viewer/Archives/JFKWHP-ST-464-41-62.aspx

Sent from my iPhone