Re: [OM] Boring mirror lens test shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Boring mirror lens test shots
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 16:05:48 -0700
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Is the test chart set at an angle? There is a lot of variation between
sides or center-to-edge.
My main reason for shooting these  . . .

If I had been doing more complete lens testing, I would have moved the camera
for each shot, and framed the chart perfectly, and used squares and laser
pointers to ensure a perfect 90 degree camera angle.

That's a reason I like to shoot those indoors. Measure from side wall to center of target, set lens at same distance from wall, rotate mount slightly to center image makes that part square. Same thing from ceiling or floor finishes the job. All is square. Only tool needed is a tape measure.

Simple Moose