Re: [OM] Clearing Weather - Eagle River Valley

Subject: Re: [OM] Clearing Weather - Eagle River Valley
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 16:11:50 -0700
On 7/31/2018 11:23 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
. . .

Anyway, one of the neighbors had his can of bear spray. We now have a
problem black bear that has been making its presence known around our
houses . . .  We've been noticing that something big and heavy
has been walking in our grass.

I typically don't carry bear spray with me unless I'm hiking . . . I might
start carrying it with me when I run outdoors
to catch a photo now. I encountered a huge pile of steaming bear poo
about 100 meters from the house on a trail, so they are close by.

I'm sold! That sounds like loads of fun.

Getting the mail as survival ordeal . . .

Do they tear the doors off a car if it smells like food, as when just back from a shopping trip? The bears in Yosemite Valley will do that.

Not So Much Moose