Re: [OM] OT: What I did last week

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: What I did last week
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 23:30:53 -0700
Right you are, Bill.  Oscar's Imperial Bosendorfer 290 goes way down to C0, a full sixth below the A0, lowest note of the standard piano.  The regular contrabassoon plays down to Bb0, and can go down to A0 with a special extended bell joint, mostly used for Wagner and Mahler  pieces.

I can imagine that playing low octaves on the Bosendorfer with bottom notes that low must give the player delusions of grandeur!

--Peter

Bill sez:
> But not as low as that Bosendorfer that Oscar Peterson played?

I sez: