Re: [OM] IMG: Pokeweed

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Pokeweed
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 09:58:39 -0500
I'll take your word for it, Charlie, but I don't intend to try it myself.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 8/13/2018 9:01 AM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
Nice Photo, Jim. Actually the whole plant is poisonous. Leaves even more so
than berries but roots are most toxic. Leaves are eaten but must be
prepared carefully to remove toxins. Don't eat a "Poke Salad" (despite what
the song says) but you can eat "Poke Sallet".

Charlie

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 5:07 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>