[OM] OT: Arizona Airplane Crashes

Subject: [OM] OT: Arizona Airplane Crashes
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 17:18:49 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     We had a small airplane crash here in Phoenix this morning.  A Stolp
SA-750 Acroduster Too (N787WM) came down in a street intersection at the
southeast corner of the Deer Valley Airport field boundary, killing the pilot
and passenger.  The aircraft came straight down, and nearby surveilance video
shows that the aircraft was in a spin condition.

     And over the weekend we had an experimental (home-built) Pietenpol Air
Camper crash near Montezuma Castle, killing both persons on board.  The
Pietenpol Air Camper is a fairly popular homebuilt, comparable to the Heath
Parasol. The first one was flown in 1928 and kits are still available from
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty.  They have been powered by a variety of air-cooled
engines, mostly that of the Chevrolet Corvair and originally the engine from
Model A Fords.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pietenpol_Air_Camper

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson