Re: [OM] You don't get this in Iowa

Subject: Re: [OM] You don't get this in Iowa
From: Willie Wonka via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 01:27:02 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
We have the same family arrangement. I eat smoked salmon almost on a daily
basis. Mine comes from the local Russian stores. Besides vodka, Russians know
smoked fish. But that's about it...:)
Smoked wild salmon and Icelandic cod liver are my favorite mid-afternoon
snacks. My son kinda understands me, he would eat it from time to time, but my
wife doesnt want to even look at it. I also get smoked mackerel, which we
lovingly call "stinky fish". It comes whole, she feels like the fish is staring
at her and that creeps her out. Both are happy for me tho. I mean wife and son,
really not able to tell how happy the smoked fish is...
Best
Boris
> I like smoked salmon, but I have no idea what I would do with several pounds
> of it. It is like Iberian ham, something I enjoy in modest quantities. I
> guess I would give most of it away.

I'm pretty much the opposite. I could eat it just about every day. My
last meal request would be for smoked salmon. However, I will admit
that not all smoked salmon is created equal. And there is a
significant difference between the salmon caught in blue water, vs.,
the lower stretches of a river and the upper stretches of a river.
This particular batch of King is from the Yukon River, so it's even
richer and oilier than normal. And, of course, they are half rotted
before they are cured so the texture is a little different. It's an
acquired taste, I guess.

My wife won't touch it. But she's happy for me.

AK Schnozz