Re: [OM] OT: Laptop Combat

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Laptop Combat
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 10:33:34 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     There's slow, and then there's dead slow.  When you see your wifi
connection drop to dialup speed you know that the game's afoot.  It surprised
me to no small degree when I discovered that they had busted through on the
wifi.

     I manage my dialup/wifi usage to using wifi primarily for uploading and
downloading large files, such as photos, manuals, etc.  Since I'm mostly a
bottom-feeder, about 90% of what I do is easily handled by dialup.  But in
order to do so I have to keep these obnoxious intruders at bay.  Cloudfront is
constantly trying to download unlimited amounts of data into my machines, and
they have to be blocked.  Same with 1e100.  Neither of them have any business
whatsoever forcing themselves into our machines.

>Isn’t a dial-up connection always excruciatingly slow??

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson