Re: [OM] EVIL as the wave of the future (was Whatdaya think of Nykon's Z

Subject: Re: [OM] EVIL as the wave of the future (was Whatdaya think of Nykon's Z series)
From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 12:29:02 -0400
It looks attractive to me. I'm using Pentax & have been lusting after
micro 4/3, cannot currently afford anything new, but this tempts me.

As I see it, EVIL (electronic viewfinder, interchangeable lens)
cameras are the wave of the future, an obviously better technology
that will replace DSLRs much as SLRs replaced rangefinders a few
decades back. Of course there will be diehards who keep using the
older design, and some of them will produce some excellent images, but
that does not change the trend. As I see it, the cameras that try to
buck this trend -- Nikon, Canon & Pentax that keep the moving mirror
or Sony's attempt to get the best of both worlds with a stationary
partly-silvered mirror -- may be fine products in some ways, but they
are doomed in the long run.

I've always thought in-body stabilisation was obviously superior,
since it works for any lens & avoids redundant costs, both price &
weight, for doing it in lenses. As I see it, Nikon are finally getting
this right.Hallelujah!

I wonder if Nikon, or for that matter Oly, will adopt Pentax's rather
neat trick of building cameras without a moire filter and emulating a
filter when need by vibrating the sensor. Pentax also do a
high-resolution trick by taking several images with the sensor moved
slightly between them.