[OM] IMG: South-eastern Poland

Subject: [OM] IMG: South-eastern Poland
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2018 06:57:45 +0200
It has taken me longer than usual to edit my photos from the trip to Poland a
couple of weeks ago, partly  because of the volume, and partly because of the
moving mess—I am writing this after the first night in our new house,
surrounded by boxes, furniture in various states of disassembly and other
similar items. But finally, here is a gallery of my first-ever trip to this
part of Poland. The south-eastern corner of the country, bordered by the
Ukraine to the east and Slovakia to the south, turned out to be a very
interesting place. Lots of (often painful) history in the cities and towns, but
also lots of pretty urban and rural landscapes—very green, probably one of the
best hiking areas anywhere. And eating and drinking out is very cheap,
considerably cheaper than even Warsaw or Wrocław. We were based in Rzeszów, the
biggest city of the region, and while my wife was playing bridge in a
tournament, I used the rental car to explore other towns in the area, all of
which are included in the gallery: Sanok (70 km south from Rzeszów), Lesko
(another 20 km to the south), Tarnów (90 km to the west) and Łańcut, site of a
famous palace near Rzeszów. Around 120 images for your perusal are here:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/rzeszow_aug2018

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain