Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 119, Issue 2

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 119, Issue 2
From: Willie Wonka via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 19:19:23 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
I am not satisfied with your answer, so I am going to start...:)
I really like Russian smoked salmon for the following reasons:
1. It is moist. But not the moisture that the meat gets from being drenched in
fluid. It is very natural, very similar to the one that one gets after cutting
fish just caught.2. It is tender, but not mushy. I would say slightly firmer
texture than fish just caught.3. Smoke is just a hint. Nothing that would turn
your stomach even just by smelling it. Nothing that would alter the taste of
salmon in any way.3. Taste and texture uniform across the entire cut.4.
Moderate use of salt. Just enough to bring the flavors. Nothing that would turn
your stomach just by taking a bite.5. I buy the fish with skin and bones, none
of that fillet stuff. The fatty tissues between skin and meat are perfectly
preserved. They are neither withered, reduced to nothing nor oozing oil.
These are few reasons that I could think of off the top of my head for thinking
that whatever the Russians sell to me is a very good fish. I am very interested
if any of the above parameters violate your set of prerequisites required for
having orgasmic smoked salmon session...:)

> What constitutes a good smoked salmon? Gimme the specs...:)
> In other words: What makes Bell's Fishery in Mackinaw City, Michigan smoked
> salmon much better than everyone elses?

It's like good sex. I'm not sure there is a specification sheet
available for it.

AG