[OM] IMG: Wednesday Weeds Puzzle

Subject: [OM] IMG: Wednesday Weeds Puzzle
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 14:01:30 -0500
During the past several days, a cluster has appeared and bloomed alongside my roadside screen of bushes.  I have not been able to identify the plant.  Google photos indicate a possible Mexican connection.

The thing that puzzles me is that, when I observe the plant with the naked eye, the bloom color is pale blue.  When I took closeups with the X-T2, all of the images came out pink.  When I took the Oly E-1 out to get the full cluster, the blooms appeared almost white.

I have moved sliders with wild abandon to get images that resemble what my eyes see.

But, I still can't identify the plant, or the reason for the peculiar rendering of the color.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180905-P9057390.JPG.html

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180904-DSCF9691.JPG.html

Any suggestions?

--