Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Florence

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Florence
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 10:12:55 -0400
We are watching Florence.  Tim is in the process of selling his farm on
John's Island so the horses may be going somewhere else before the
hurricane.  I hope the farm doesn't flood or blow away before he sells it!!
We are due to visit them the first week in October.

Here in York, we need rain desperately.  I spend all of my time watering!

Weather has been weird all summer - so hot!!

Tina

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018 at 9:58 AM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>      This morning it appears that Charleston and Myrtle Beach will
> experience a major hurricane on Thursday.
>
>      I don't have much confidence on the latest GFS plots, which has
> Florence hovering off Cape Hatteras for three days.
>
>      Tina:  I assume you're busy making preparations for the Charleston
> Percheron horses.
>

> >    Those TVCN/TVCX concensus models now have landfall at the SC/NC
> border.
> >
> >    TD-8 (later to be Helene) does not appears to be a problem for the
> >Atlantic coast.  TD-9 (later to be Isaac) is forecast to head due west
> >into the Carribean a week from now.
> >

> >>  Oh yes. We are in watchful waiting mode here.

> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com